WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
gaara12
oath_keeper06
Aichu
Choushi
KarateKeyaQ
3.2.1.0.84.NG!
sabaku no ketsueki
seshimazi
amaterasu
Banouin
quater
15 posters

Ishida from Bleach is the Pope

sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Empty Re: Ishida from Bleach is the Pope

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Fri Nov 21 2008, 17:39

huh. you never know.
    the pope doesn't have glasses, though! contacts?
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Empty Re: Ishida from Bleach is the Pope

Post by quater Sat Nov 22 2008, 19:30

True, and he's also not a 15 year old guy in an anime.

Try and keep it general.
    Sapphire Dragon
    Sapphire Dragon
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 1730
    What's up Tab : The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Fanclubs : blah, so many xP
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-13

AMP

Post by Sapphire Dragon Sat Nov 22 2008, 20:32

well they loke a bit a like.....BUT I LOVE URYUU, AND I DON'T CARE WHAT THE OTHERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT!!! I LOVE MY NERDY URYUU ISHIDA (P.S: NO THE POPE HES A WTF...) Pissed
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by quater Sat Nov 22 2008, 20:36

Ishida is possibly my favorite character in Bleach, myself.
    fridayfaye
    fridayfaye
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 170
    Happiness bar :
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-19

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 11

Post by fridayfaye Sat Nov 22 2008, 20:48

definately the pope, but in a half decent disguise
    Sapphire Dragon
    Sapphire Dragon
    Citizen

Female
    What's up Tab : The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Happiness bar :
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Sapphire Dragon Sat Nov 22 2008, 20:52

I LOVE URYUU ISHIDA --___----____----(NOT THE POPE)
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Nov 22 2008, 20:52

That's not the point ^_^

I think Ishida is Catcholic myself
    fridayfaye
    fridayfaye
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by fridayfaye Sat Nov 22 2008, 20:54

why catholic??
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Nov 22 2008, 21:00

He carries a cross with him and transforms it into a bow, he wears clothes similar to the catholic pope, and the Quincy are a group that used to be powerful and were overpowered by the Shinigami, much like Protestants have overpowered Catholics. Not that the Quincy are extinct, it's just they are no longer as powerful, just like the Catholic Church isn't as powerful as it once was, but still a deadly force. And the idea of worrying about Quincy's pride, which is a dead idea to people nowadays, just like much of Catholocism's ideologies are no longer as relevant, but just as important to them. And Ishida lost his soul power, the only person to have lost his soul power(except when Ichigo was relying on Rukia's soul power), which is coherent with the idea that Catholics believe you can lose your salvation, or at least are known for thinking that way. Ishida is the only one in the group who was taught by his grandpa, which, like the Catholics believe that Saints can make you stronger, the Quincy, or at least Ishida, relied on his father's father to make him stronger. Just to name a few similarities I have noticed in them.

Chad is also Catholic, but for a very different set of reasons.
    fridayfaye
    fridayfaye
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by fridayfaye Sat Nov 22 2008, 21:02

I'd love to hear them... Excited
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Nov 22 2008, 21:13

fridayfaye wrote:I'd love to hear them... Excited

Well Chad is the only hispanic in the series, that I have noticed. And South America is very known for being Catholic, and since we can probably guess as a Hispanic Chad picked up on that same Catholocism because Catholocism has big influence in the Latin countries. Another reason is if you look at Chado's attack with his arm it's a bright blue ray, just like Ishida's Quincy bow makes, which could lead one to the idea that the principle behind their attacks is the same, just carried out differently. If Ishida was Catholic, then that would mean so is Chado from virtue of similarity in their attacks.

IF you look at the principle, the only anime that I have seen that even includes people from other diverse backgrounds is Bleach, meaning that the idea that there is a spanish person means that the author is trying to point out something important about them. And, the main character has a deep respect for his grandfather, who he calls his father, that fixxed him when he was a trouble maker, which is similar to the idea of Christianity.
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Th_UryuuIshidaGifIshida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Chad_13
    fridayfaye
    fridayfaye
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by fridayfaye Sat Nov 22 2008, 21:15

do you have a lot of time on your hands?? Or maybe you're a stoner...
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Nov 22 2008, 21:16

fridayfaye wrote:do you have a lot of time on your hands?? Or maybe you're a stoner...

Do you think I am wrong?
    fridayfaye
    fridayfaye
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by fridayfaye Sat Nov 22 2008, 21:19

not particularly. I was just reading and going 'damn, why didn't I think of that?'
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Nov 22 2008, 21:24

fridayfaye wrote:not particularly. I was just reading and going 'damn, why didn't I think of that?'

Do you read the manga? (Thank you for the compliment, and no, I am not a stoner I just happen to be able to think about these things)
    fridayfaye
    fridayfaye
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by fridayfaye Sat Nov 22 2008, 21:32

About Uryu. Many other pre-christian religions had crosses as symbols, one fabulous example of this is the Eqyptian ankh. The Catholics stole it. However, that contributes to the catholic theory as well, in the respect that they came along and squashed out any sign of pre-existing religion.

Also the whole relying on your elders to make you stronger thing is believed by many religions that involve ancestor-worship.

The clothes, though; irrefutable proof.

I do read the manga, but alas I am poor and a bit behind on it.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Nov 22 2008, 21:41

Basically, but the cross is used mostly because Jesus of Christ was Hung on a cross, as well as many earthly Christians. Another reason I used the Cross because the Cross becomes a bow and is their defense against other evils/demons/hollows. Which is the same as Jesus's death becomes the defense of Catholics against the things of this Earth, and they use the cross to symbolize that moreso then any other religion can compare. And I don't think that Catholics crushed all signs of pre-Catholic Religions.

I don't disagree about the elders bit, but I don't think the Quincy could possibly resemble anything but Catholics, and as said, Chad is from Latin America which is home to Catholocism more then anything, and a very weak case could be made for Mayan or Aztec. If you take the way Chad relies on his Abuelo as the way the Catholics look to saints for strength then it pieces together smoothly. I doubt that his abuelo calls to a dead aztecan sacrifice.

Aw, that's too bad about the not reading the manga. This is only a little bit I have on this. But, if you read the manga I could prove my most astounding point, which I think wraps the evidence together. And I didn't post all these ideas in the first post, but, yes, Ishida looks a strong bit like the pope, wasn't a thread just for fun. ^_^

If you are interested on more "evidences" I have thought of about Bleach and it's connection to the Bible, let me know. And you can read the manga for free online at onemanga.com

I might have too much time on my hands but I spend it well, I think.
    fridayfaye
    fridayfaye
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by fridayfaye Sun Nov 23 2008, 02:50

You're right, Catholosism certainly did not have it's way with all other religions, but oh how they tried.
    I have read it, but I think I'm only on volume 23 or something.
    I would love to hear these theories, they are interesting
    Sapphire Dragon
    Sapphire Dragon
    Citizen

Female

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sapphire Dragon Sun Nov 23 2008, 11:33

wow, thats really something, i get ur theory, still... LOVE YOU MY NERDY URYUU (sorry -_-')
    fridayfaye
    fridayfaye
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by fridayfaye Sun Nov 23 2008, 11:35

hey sapphire
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sun Nov 23 2008, 15:17

fridayfaye wrote:You're right, Catholosism certainly did not have it's way with all other religions, but oh how they tried.
    I have read it, but I think I'm only on volume 23 or something.
    I would love to hear these theories, they are interesting

They tried, just like every religion tries. I hope you put Islam to the same standards you are putting Catholocism. If you don't, ask yourself why. It's natural tendency of people to explain their views and hope others agree with them, that's what I am doing right here and now with my theory after all.

Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Moz-screenshotIshida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Moz-screenshot-1http://www.courtofpuresouls.com/bleach-theories-f9/so-far-t109.htm

This is a more indepth view of the theory, though it's still far from complete, and may never be so. Since you don't read the manga, you might as well skip the armmaggedon part since it will not make sense to you. Do your best with it. ^_^

Also, the idea that Ishida is Catholic isn't an attack on Ishida, he's still my top favorite characters. ^_^ I even made a super awesome avatar of him.
    fridayfaye
    fridayfaye
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by fridayfaye Mon Nov 24 2008, 00:13

I tied to go there, but was unable Crying
    Islam, I think, is in a whole different category but in the sense of extremism they rank about the same.

I DO read the manga...

I totally didn't think it was an attack on Uryu. He ranks pretty high up there on my favorites list as well.
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Happiness bar :
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Sat Nov 29 2008, 15:32

quater wrote:
    fridayfaye wrote:I'd love to hear them... Excited

Well Chad is the only hispanic in the series, that I have noticed. And South America is very known for being Catholic, and since we can probably guess as a Hispanic Chad picked up on that same Catholocism because Catholocism has big influence in the Latin countries. Another reason is if you look at Chado's attack with his arm it's a bright blue ray, just like Ishida's Quincy bow makes, which could lead one to the idea that the principle behind their attacks is the same, just carried out differently. If Ishida was Catholic, then that would mean so is Chado from virtue of similarity in their attacks.

IF you look at the principle, the only anime that I have seen that even includes people from other diverse backgrounds is Bleach, meaning that the idea that there is a spanish person means that the author is trying to point out something important about them. And, the main character has a deep respect for his grandfather, who he calls his father, that fixxed him when he was a trouble maker, which is similar to the idea of Christianity.
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Th_UryuuIshidaGifIshida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Chad_13

No way. Your main thesis for chad being catholic almost solely relies on Ishida being Catholic, first of all. It also goes on the idea that the fact that Chad and uryu have the same type of attack tie them into each other. I can't say I fully agree with that theory. Your other points are solid - about him being hispanic and most south american countries being very Catholic. But I think the rest is circumstantial.
    He is most certainly not the only racially diverse person in anime/manga, and what about tousen and Yoruichi?? Even though, the names Yoruichi and Tousen are Japanese, so maybe they're just Japanese black people.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Nov 29 2008, 15:41

I am fully aware of Tousen and Yourichi. What about them? I feel they also serve purposes, though I am not sure what they are. My main theses is actually not that they have the same attacks, though I believe they do have very similar attacks for a reason. I believe the Spanish Heritage is strongly an influence for his Catholocism, as well as his Abuelo. Also, you can look at Bleach and see strong ties to Espanol. Even the Third Ost is nearly entirely Spanish music, and Espada along with many words in Bleach are Spanish. I believe there is a reason to that. And is it hard to confer from that Catholocism?

There are not many different ethnicities in anime and manga. Not the main characters, for sure. In Naruto, none of the rookie 9, nor Tsunade, Jiraiya, Iruka, Kakashi, the 4th, etc have any different ethnicities that I can see. In One Piece the only one who could argue that he has a different race is Usoppu (at least for main characters) and villain wise I remember that swordsmen in Alabaster and that's about it. In Full Metal Alchemist there was an invented race called the Ishbala, but these people also served a strong purpose, just as I said that I think Chad does. And unlike Tousen and Yourichi, we actually know a great deal about Chad's Spanish roots. We know about Yourichi's past, but not her roots, and we could hardly consider Yourichi as major a protagonist as Chad.

And personally, I think you have to admit that Ishida is Catholic before you can see that Chad also embodies Catholocism, which is why it is circumstantial to that. Without taking Ishida's Catholocism seriously I find it would be impossible to embrace Chad's Catholocism (that's why the thread is called:Ishida from Bleach is the Pope and not Chad is Catholic). Though personally, I am not Catholic and there may be other clues I am missing.
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Happiness bar :
    Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Ishida from Bleach is the Pope - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Sat Nov 29 2008, 15:59

I mentioned tousen and yoruichi because you had suggested that there were no other ethically diverse characters in the series - I was simply slipping in a reminder.

I was thinking of other anime too and also came up with FMA. I was particularly thinking of the Ishbalans, and never said they didn't serve an important purpose in the story. I think they would be more Muslim or something though. Anyway there's Afro(afro samurai), almost the entire cast of Helsing, Xanthe(revolutionary girl Utena), and Kanbei(samurai 7) - to name a few.

But back on track. Ishida being the pope?? Definately.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 12:46